Calling all photographers! Want to be locally famous? The San Mateo County Parks Foundation is kicking off Park Pics and we couldn’t be more excited. Nature lovers, outdoor enthusiasts and both budding and seasoned photographers are invited to spend time exploring your San Mateo County Parks. Take some photos and submit your favorites to our first ever photo contest. Our contest runs through August 15, and winners will receive a $125 REI gift card. Plus, your photos will be featured in our publications and social media.
- People in Parks
- Landscapes and Waterscapes
- Up Close with Nature
A judging panel will select an overall winner from each category, plus an Aspiring Photographer (entering grades 6-12) winner from each category. A People’s Choice winner will be chosen by the public on our website at the end of the summer.
- Photo contest runs from June 15, 2021 – August 15, 2021. No entries will be accepted after August 15.
- Photos must be taken in San Mateo County Parks open to the public.
- Photos must be taken in the Summer 2021 season.
- Each entrant may submit up to three (3) images and each image may be entered in only one (1) category.
- Photos submitted to other local photo competitions are not allowed.
- Each category winner and each category Aspiring Photographer winner will receive a $125 REI gift card.
- People’s Choice award winner will receive a $175 REI gift card plus San Mateo County Parks Foundation swag (including an annual pass).
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU ARE ACCEPTING AND AGREEING TO ALL RULES, TERMS, AND CONDITIONS (“TERMS”). Park Pics is open to participants regardless of residence or citizenship, so long as the laws of their jurisdiction allow participation. Employees of the San Mateo County Parks Department and employees or board members of the San Mateo County Parks Foundation are not eligible to participate. Photo submissions must be uploaded by 11:59p.m. Pacific Daylight Time on August 15, 2021. Please review the full Terms and Legal Conditions before entering. Have fun!
Questions? Please email Leslie Holzman at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the main office at (650) 321-5812.