Want to be featured in our e-newsletter and other publications? We are calling all photographers, nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts to spend some time in one of the 23 San Mateo County Parks and submit your favorite photos to our Park Pics contest. Submissions will be accepted between September 8 – October 17, 2022. Winners will receive a $125 gift card from our partners at REI and the People’s Choice winner will receive a $175 REI gift card. Plus, your photos will be featured in our publications and social media.
Landscapes and Waterscapes: photos that celebrate the beauty of the trails, vistas, natural landscape, and coastline of the 23 San Mateo County Parks
- Up Close with Nature: photos that spotlight the flora and fauna in San Mateo County Parks
- People in Parks: photos that highlight the many ways that people (and sometimes their pets!) enjoy the County Parks, from hiking and picnicking to flying kites or plogging
A judging panel will select an overall winner from each category, plus an Aspiring Photographer (grades 6-12) winner from each category. A People’s Choice winner will be chosen by public vote on our website in mid-November.
- Photo contest runs from September 8 – October 17, 2022. No entries will be accepted after October 17.
- Photos must be taken in San Mateo County Parks open to the public.
- We will accept photos taken between August 1, 2022 and thedeadline of October 17, 2022. We are looking for fall photos so please adhere to the timeframe! Photos taken prior to August 1 will not be considered.
- Each entrant may submit up to three (3) images and each image may be entered in only one (1) category.
- Photos submitted to other local photo competitions are not allowed.
- Each category winner and each category Aspiring Photographer winner will receive a $125 REI gift card.
- People’s Choice award winner will receive a $175 REI gift card plus San Mateo County Parks Foundation swag (including an annual pass).
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU ARE ACCEPTING AND AGREEING TO ALL RULES, TERMS, AND CONDITIONS (“TERMS”). Park Pics is open to participants regardless of residence or citizenship, so long as the laws of their jurisdiction allow participation. Employees of the San Mateo County Parks Department and employees or board members of the San Mateo County Parks Foundation are not eligible to participate. Photo submissions must be uploaded by 11:59p.m. Pacific Daylight Time on October 17, 2022. Please review the full Terms and Legal Conditions before entering. Have fun!
Questions? Check out our FAQs, or please email Leslie Holzman at email@example.com.