You may remember that REI did something different on Black Friday last year—they closed the co-op’s doors and invited the nation to opt outside with them. And more than a million people did just that.
This year on Black Friday, we’re going to join REI outside, and we’d like you to opt outside with us. Let’s skip the malls and celebrate life outdoors.
- Look for the peregrine falcons at Devil’s Slide
- Go for a sunset walk along the California Coastal Trail at Mirada Surf
- Count the banana slugs along the Pomponio Trail at Memorial County Park
- Ride your bike along the Bay Trail and watch the planes land at SFO at Coyote Point
- Grab the bench with an ocean view at San Pedro Valley Park and breathe deeply!
To learn more, visit the REI OptOutside site.