Launched in September 2016, the Free Weekend Park Shuttle connects people from the communities of East Palo Alto and North Fair Oaks to Edgewood and Wunderlich county parks.
The San Mateo County Parks Foundation provides support to keep the Free Weekend Park Shuttle running to reduce traffic and increase access to the park system.
Free Weekend Park Shuttle Program Highlights
At Edgewood Park and Natural Preserve, Redwood City
- The Friends of Edgewood offer nature and wildflower walks throughout the year on weekends. Check their calendar for details.
- The Bill and Jean Lane Education Center is open Saturdays and Sundays from 9:30 a.m.–4 p.m. The Center is a portal to understanding the park’s rare plant and animal life, serpentine soil and surrounding watershed.
- The Edgewood Weed Warriors work year-round, tackling invasive plants, including the third Saturday of the month from March through July.
Wunderlich Park, Woodside
- The Folger Estate Stable Historic District was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2004 and includes the main stable, carriage house, stone walls, blacksmith barn and dairy house.
- Within the main stable, the original carriage room has been transformed into a captivating museum and is open to the public on Saturdays from 10 a.m.–4 p.m.
- The Friends of Huddart and Wunderlich often host hikes and events on the weekends.