San Mateo County Parks Foundation is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual for a rewarding position in fundraising and administration that is based in San Mateo at Coyote Point Recreation Area.
The Membership and Development Assistant supports all administrative aspects of the Parks Foundation’s fundraising programs and donor relations, with particular attention to maintaining our database. The position calls for comfort and skill using new technologies (software and hardware), excellent time management skills, and an ability to work independently to ensure that all duties are completed accurately, efficiently, and with high quality.
- Process all incoming gifts, prepare deposit slips, determine proper coding, and issue acknowledgment letters in a timely manner.
- Manage all aspects of the foundation’s donor database (Salesforce) including accurate data entry and clean-up, report and mailing list development, solicitor tracking, and production of regular reports for fundraising campaigns.
- Manage matching gifts and workplace giving programs
- Create and maintain written instructions related to the duties of the position, including but not limited to donation coding, processing, generating letters, etc.
- Sync up emails between Salesforce and Mailchimp.
- Keep track of event RSVPs and attendees and follow up with reminders and logistics for events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- AA/BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in a role requiring acute attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Salesforce (or a similar CRM solution) strongly preferred, or the ability to learn quickly
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, mail merge, Excel, and other relevant applications.
- Integrity, and the ability to handle sensitive information with precision and in a confidential manner.
- Ability to interact effectively with the Executive Director, donors, board members, volunteers, public figures and community leaders.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Commitment to the mission of the San Mateo County Parks Foundation
- A self-starter, data and deadline driven, and ability to multi-task with solid organizational and time-management skills
Time Commitment and Compensation
This flexible, part-time position (15-20 hours a week) is great for someone who loves parks and seeks an opportunity to develop their non-profit fundraising and administrative skills. Our office is located at Coyote Point Recreation Area in San Mateo, California.
The position starts between $20-$25/ per hour, depending on experience.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter demonstrating your interest and qualifications to Michele@SupportParks.org with the subject line: “Membership and Development Assistant_Your last name”
About San Mateo County Parks Foundation
San Mateo County Parks Foundation inspires people to care for, learn about and enjoy San Mateo County Parks. We are committed to conserving and improving the quality of our county parks for current and future generations to enjoy.
In 1998, the San Mateo County Parks Foundation was established to provide additional financial support for the recreational, environmental and educational programs and projects of the San Mateo County Parks Department. Over the last 20 years, we have supported a range of programs and projects, from Bicycle Sunday to the Bill and Jean Lane Education Center at Edgewood Park and Natural Preserve.
San Mateo County Parks Foundation is governed by a volunteer board of directors and has one full-time staff member, the Executive Director.
San Mateo County Parks Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, people who identify as lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.